Thursday, December 12, 2013

96 YEAR OLD WOMAN WRITES KILLER TRUE CRIME BOOK, then comes to Outlaw Radio!

96 YEAR OLD WOMAN WRITES KILLER TRUE CRIME BOOK!


Hickman

The biggest manhunt in California history -- he killed a child and the country was outraged...another little girl never forgot it...and wrote the definitive book at age 96.
" By eight years old I was already going to town on the streetcar, by myself, and coming home with several books to read.  Just after my father purchased an RCA radio, we were listening to the American station, KNX Hollywood, when I heard this story break and never forgot about it.  I was just a little girl of age 10 and it hit me hard because the victim was about my same age and it made me realize that my innocence had been dashed forever.  In fact, trust and innocence changed for everyone.  No one was ever the same again.  People started locking their homes, cars and keeping track of their children.  Christmas of 1927 was a very solemn one.  I could not erase the memory of this heinous crime and found the full story 85 years later.  Now 96, I am proud to reveal this true crime drama to the public."
 Murder by Hickman: A Christmas Story
A young man wants to attend bible college, become a preacher and speak the word of God when something goes terribly wrong....his spiritual intentions are no match for his twisted psychopathic mind!!
I was just a little girl of age 10 when I heard this story break and never forgot about it.  It hit me hard because the victim was about my same age and made me realize that my innocence had been dashed forever.  In fact, trust and innocence changed for everyone.  No one was ever the same again.  People started locking their homes, cars and keeping track of their children.  Christmas of 1927 was a solemn one.
 In 1927 a $100,000 reward was offered for the capture of Edward Hickman.  That translated in today's money is $1 Million.  It became International when Mexico closed their borders and border partrol was increased in fear he might try to enter Mexico.  The news of his crime and capture spread entirely across North America.  Citizens in Canada were just as informed about the crime as in the United States.  Thousands of citizens volunteered their services to the authorities and worked tirelessly around the clock.  Remote towns were thrown into states of high anxiety because of door to door searches conducted by local authorities.  An estimated 12,000 members from American Legion posts troughout Southern California, described as "the greatest group of ex-servicemen ever called out in a peacetime emergency" organized and offered their serveces to aid the police effort, as did the U. S. Secret Service.
Extensive research went into the making of this book.  It took place almost 100 years ago, yet much of it applies to today.  The recent Christopher Dorner case is similar.  Reports were that the search for Dorner was the biggest manhunt in the history of California, but in actuality no case can match the Hickman case.  It was the biggest, most comprehensive manhunt in the history of California.
 



No comments: